My Son's First Piggy Bank

Posted by Dave W. | Wednesday, January 07, 2009 | , 0 comments |



I recently bought my son his first Piggy Bank, well, it's actually "Gobble, The Money Monster" (see photo).  When you put money into it (there is a coin slot and a bill slot), the monster blurts out several sayings such as:



"Feed me I'm starving!"
"Don't empty my belly!"
"Oooh paper money makes gobble very happy!"
"I'm still hungry"
"Money monster is your friend!"
"Money, money, money in my tummy"
"Burp!



I'm not sure how much money it will help him save, especially as he has already figured out how to open the back of it to take the money out.  It's only a matter of time before my son will soon learn how to spend this money and I want to  try to head him off at the pass.  Any tips on getting children how to save?